Spicy stir-fried Mushrooms
1tbsp groundnut oil
2tsp finely chopped garlic
2tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
1tbsp finely chopped spring onion
450g small whole button mushrooms
2tsp chilli bean sauce
1tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
½tsp freshly ground black pepper
1tbsp chicken stock
2tsp sesame oil
- Heat a wok until very hot. Add the groundnut oil and when it’s very hot and slightly smoking, add the garlic, ginger and spring onions and stir fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Quickly add the remaining ingredients except for the sesame oil.
- Continue to stir fry for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through and have absorbed all the spices and seasonings.
- Just before serving, add the sesame oil and give the mixture a couple of quick stirs. Turn it onto a warm serving dish and serve immediately.