Thai-Style Curry Rice
Ideal Wok Pairing: 31cm Wok with Phenolic Handle - Non-stick wok, perfect for cooking for 3-4 people.
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons sesame oil
½ teaspoon salt
225 g (8 oz) chicken breasts
2 tablespoons groundnut (peanut) oil
2 tablespoons garlic, coarsely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
175 g (6 oz) red peppers, seeded and finely diced
110 g (4 oz) fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 teaspoon chilli oil
1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
3 tablespoons spring onions, finely chopped
- Fill the first level of the microwave rice cooker with raw rice and then the second level with water. Cooked the rice as instructed for the first half of time.
- While the rice is cooking, combine the eggs with the sesame oil and salt. Cut the chicken into small 1 cm (½ in) dices.
- Heat a wok or large frying-pan over high heat until it is hot. Add the oil, and when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the garlic, onions, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then add the chicken and stir-fry for another minute. Finally, add the peppers, corn, chilli oil and curry powder and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the egg mixture and continue to stir-fry for another minute.
- Carefully remove the top of the rice cooker, then the interior cover, add mixture from the wok. Give the mixture a few stirs. Recover the rice cooker and finish cooking the rice.
- Remove from the microwave and let sit for 5 minutes, before serving, stir in the spring onions and serve.