Beef In Oyster Sauce
450g fillet beef, cut into 5cm thin strips (Ideally with a meat cleaver knife)
1tbsp light soy sauce
2tsp sesame oil
1tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
3tbsp groundnut oil
3tbsp oyster sauce
1.5tbsp finely chopped spring onions
Ideal wok pairing: 35cm Wok With Phenolic Handle
- Put the beef, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine or dry sherry and cornflour into a bowl and mix well to combine. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok until very hot.
- Add the oil and heat until slightly smoking, add the beef slices and stir fry for 5-6 minutes or until pale golden-brown.
- Remove the beef strips and set aside to drain in a colander over a bowl. Discard the drained oil.
- Wipe the wok clean and reheat until hot.
- Add the oyster sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Return the drained beef slices and mix the thoroughly with the sauce.
- Turn onto a serving platter and garnish with chopped spring onions.