8 oz (225g) fresh or frozen peas
2 teaspoons salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
1 tablespoon garlic, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
6 tablespoons spring onions, finely chopped
- Fill the first level of the microwave rice cooker with raw rice and then the second level with water. Cooked the rice as instructed for the first half of time.
- While the rice is cooking:
- If you are using fresh peas blanch, them in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, drain and set aside. If you are using frozen peas, let them thaw at room temperature.
- Carefully remove the top of the rice cooker, then the interior cover, add the peas, garlic, coriander and spring onions and then add the salt and pepper. Give the mixture a few stirs. Recover the rice cooker and finish cooking the rice with the peas and green seasoning.
- Remove from the microwave and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.